*clears tumbleweeds off blog*
Hello! It’s been a while I’ve been watching a few animes this spring but for the most part I’ve been busy plowing through my otome game backlog and my focus hasn’t really been on this blog. JP’s been busy with Mass Effect (or whatever other nerd game he’s playing) so there’s not been too much need to update here. However I figured since otome game to anime trend has been catching on I’d throw in a few words.
(And today, we have the final installment of Zero no Tsukaima, anime’s greatest examination of the resolution of Hegelian dialectic between the thesis of kissing and the antithesis of titwhores -jpmeyer)
Zero no Tsukaima III – 01 (originally posted on 07/06/2008)
Woo hoo! You know you’ve been blogging too long when you’ve blogged season 1 2 and now 3 as they aired in Japan.
(This season: KISSING! KYAAAAAAAAAH! -jpmeyer)
Zero no Tsukaima II – 01 (originally posted on 07/09/2007)
Louise, flat chests turn me on. Let's do it during the opening credits.
So we’re back with another fun tsundere packed season of Zero no Tsukaima. Although unless you’ve been under a rock, the obvious reason this whole story was created was (besides the continuation of the novel) to show how big of a horndog Saito is, and that Louise is now showing more dere dere than usual. I honestly think I like the current Louise more and based on the opening theme I get the feeling I’m gonna enjoy any and all the cute Louise x Saito moments. And of course I will be sure to cover every single one of them in my posts
(In “celebration” of the fact that Zero no Tsukaima will finally end, we’re republishing these old posts so that everyone can reminisce of grabbing tits and being told to shut up. And if you couldn’t tell, I didn’t write these, as I am not a fangirl. -jpmeyer)
Zero no Tsukaima – 02 (originally posted on 07/09/2006)
Manslave Part 2
I love this show
!! I feel like I’m about to explode in a firework of fangirliness but I’ll spare the readers (whoever you are
). What makes this show great is the fanservice in it is minimal and used with humor unlike some shows I know *coughtsuyokissahem*. The fact that they use Yuuji and Shana’s voices (or in my case I know her well from Rizelmine) just kicks it even higher for me…and also the fact that it’s been ages
since I heard Hayashibara Megumi in an anime
. So basically Saito is Louise’s manslave!
Yes I am bitter than my otome game panel got rejected from new york anime festival for the 2nd year in a row. So now I’m gonna use my dead ANIME blog to rant about it! ＼( ^o^)／
I went to NYAF 2007, 2008 and 2009. Those were NYAF’s golden years. It was the time where they let anyone, including nice boat scammers get into the con. Sure that was a downside, but the upside was that there was a variety of panels. There were your usual set of anime panels but there were also lots of fan panels about things that may not be a specific anime or genre. In 2008 I was able to do an anime blogging panel, in 2009 I was able to do an MMO game panel. I had my hopes up high for NYAF because it was the only con that I felt like I could get a chance of doing random panels, and still get accepted. Since it’s in NYC you’d still get a fairly decent group of people attending the panel and for my MMO game panel I had a full room. A lot of people participated and asked questions so it was a lot of fun.
2010 – Vocaloid panel gets rejected. Okay fine, Crypton came that year, I get the picture.
2011 – Otome game panel gets rejected. Why?
Oh yes because my panel isn’t Naruto, Fairy Tail, Hetalia, Homestuck or whatever other internet meme that’s hot right now. I don’t even know what the fuck Homestuck is. ( ´_ゝ`) Looking at last year’s panel listing most “anime” panels were either official, or a screening or internet meme. Why? Because REED EXPO decided to be a bunch of cheap assholes and combine New York Comic Con with New York Anime Festival. Yes really smart. Because some guy who’s into Spiderman is gonna go be best friends with the fat girl over there drooling over America & England buttsecksing. Despite multiple complaints that a lot of anime fans were harrassed by the retards from the comic side, NYAF just said “LOL stfu nobody cares about anime fans in NYC” and combined it again for 2011.
Combining of course creates an overcrowded building, and in my case, cuts the chance for non generic panels to appear at the con. They told me to reapply again for 2012? Lol surely you must be kidding! Maybe I’ll reapply when you stop combining NYAF and NYCC. Oh wait you don’t give a shit about NYAF anymore. It’s now some kind of parasite to you, attached to the New York Comic Con because you need to fill up a section of space since you rented out the whole building. God forbid you actually give a shit about anime fans!
Well that’s a shame since this was the only con I could get to without forking over travel & hotel money. Guess my anime con days ended in 2009 and it will continue to be that way. RIP NYAF 2007-2009.
So I went to this website a twitter friend posted and put my age in…
Not sure what else to call it but since our blog’s been kinda dead this month I figured I’d post some random blurbs.
- Yumekui Merry & Infinite Stratos – No idea why I’m still watching these 2. In IS all the whores do is fight over 1 dick while the trap gets all the action and in Merry they’ve run out of plot ideas so they threw everyone on the beach and made Merry act completely out of character.
- Naruto (Manga) – Why don’t we all just fucking turn everyone into a 9 tailed fox. Wouldn’t that be lots of jolly fun! At this point, I just skim the chapter pages waiting for a character I give a crap to show up. I kinda stopped keeping track of all the “soon to be killed/wiped off the face of the manga” characters Kishimoto has thrown into the last 15 chapters.
- Anime Blogs are Dying! – Someone I don’t really know started bitching about how anime blogs are dying. They made these complicated charts about all these blogs that started in 2008 and are now dead. Nowhere is mine or JP’s blog(s) listed. That’s funny. We started in 2006 and despite the updates slowing down, we’re still alive and kicking! ヽ(^ω^ω^ω^ω^ω^)/ Besides I”m the one who chose to move my gaming blogging somewhere else. If I blogged all my otome game shit here you’d see updates every week.
- Wut – Why’s everyone going apeshit over Kyuubei? Freaking SHAFT fanboys （ಠ_ಠ). Like it’s the first anime ever with a cute mascot that turned out to be evil. I mean if they didn’t make him evil, the entire anime would just be a card captor sakura ripoff anyway ( ´_ゝ`).
- Starry Sky – So yea I was blogging this show but MY FAVORITE CHARACTER episode feels like a fucking yaoi fest. The freaking heroine didn’t EVEN SHOW UP IN THE EPISODE. It was just 3 dudes laughing and touching each other. :;:;:;:;ガ―｛´_｀゜|||｝─ン;:;:;:; Did Honeybee have a say in this or does DEEN fucking love making BL anime? Don’t really think I’ll be blogging the rest of it to be honest…
- Onizen is hilarious as usual. I laugh every week. It’s probably the only show I look forward to on the weekends. I’m still watching Zombie and I’m glad Ayumu sliced her cooter but sad she didn’t die. It’s like the one show you wish people would freaking die and stop coming back 20 times. Starts to give me unpleasant flashbacks.
- Dramas – I don’t know. As JP pointed out, they were all detective shit. Maybe we’ll have a better selection in the Spring & Summer?
That’s pretty much it. I’m playing otome games as usual but JP seems to finally found a download for Trizenon so maybe he’ll finally be able to post something about that show
Okay so I admit I sat through the first season but after 2 episodes of season 2 I came to the realization that the entire show is this:
THIS IS THE ENTIRE SHOW. THEY WILL NEVER GET TOGETHER. THEY WILL KEEP BLUSHING, PIN SENSEI WILL KEEP COCKBLOCKING AND YANO WILL KEEP SIGHING (along with me) ABOUT HOW PATHETIC THE 2 MAIN CHARACTERS ARE. (ﾉಥ益ಥ）ﾉ 彡┻━┻
I actually dropped this show like 2 weeks ago but I noticed people were still raving about it and to me at this point watching this show is the equivalent of:
I guess this is why lately I’m so into otome games. At least there I’m guaranteed some freaking romance. I can’t deal with this kind of roundabout crap anymore ( ´_ゝ`)