Rants & Raves
*clears tumbleweeds off blog*
Hello! It’s been a while I’ve been watching a few animes this spring but for the most part I’ve been busy plowing through my otome game backlog and my focus hasn’t really been on this blog. JP’s been busy with Mass Effect (or whatever other nerd game he’s playing) so there’s not been too much need to update here. However I figured since otome game to anime trend has been catching on I’d throw in a few words.
So few years ago JP wrote an article about the hubbub over Rapelay. It was some stupid eroge where the player rapes women but then gets hit by a train or stabbed to death in return (so not like justice wasn’t served!) Recently though, a BL game came out called Hadaka Shitsuji – aka Naked Butler. In my eyes, based on reading both the gameplot for Rapelay & following a friend’s game progress, Hadaka Shitsuji is a million times worse.
You know I was kinda pumped because finally we were getting a show about BOYS doing BOY things. Oh wait. This isn’t it. This is boys doing GIRL things. I always hated those stupid shows like Lucky Star and K-On cause it was always this group of 5 girls doing their thing. I was hoping that by having an all male lead cast, it would be something to combat all the chicks but nope. It’s basically taking those same 5 girls, removing their boobs and putting male uniforms on them. They look at cherry blossoms, braid each others hair and have tea parties and sleep overs.
What the fuck really.
If you want a show about BOYS doing BOY THINGS then I would instead recommend something like Boys Be or dare I say it, Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janaindakara ne! Both of those have guys doing things guys do, hit on girls, give each other chick advice, watch porn together and cry in the corner as they all get rejected by the complimenting female cast. The worst part is, this show isn’t even good as a BL anime. Most BL animes have a lot of crack/gag jokes that make them at least fun to watch. This show was as fun to watch as moldy bread on your kitchen counter. Honestly, if they were gonna go with this theme, just make them girls already. They’re already halfway there anyway (*cough redhead*).
Yes I am bitter than my otome game panel got rejected from new york anime festival for the 2nd year in a row. So now I’m gonna use my dead ANIME blog to rant about it! ＼( ^o^)／
I went to NYAF 2007, 2008 and 2009. Those were NYAF’s golden years. It was the time where they let anyone, including nice boat scammers get into the con. Sure that was a downside, but the upside was that there was a variety of panels. There were your usual set of anime panels but there were also lots of fan panels about things that may not be a specific anime or genre. In 2008 I was able to do an anime blogging panel, in 2009 I was able to do an MMO game panel. I had my hopes up high for NYAF because it was the only con that I felt like I could get a chance of doing random panels, and still get accepted. Since it’s in NYC you’d still get a fairly decent group of people attending the panel and for my MMO game panel I had a full room. A lot of people participated and asked questions so it was a lot of fun.
2010 – Vocaloid panel gets rejected. Okay fine, Crypton came that year, I get the picture.
2011 – Otome game panel gets rejected. Why?
Oh yes because my panel isn’t Naruto, Fairy Tail, Hetalia, Homestuck or whatever other internet meme that’s hot right now. I don’t even know what the fuck Homestuck is. ( ´_ゝ`) Looking at last year’s panel listing most “anime” panels were either official, or a screening or internet meme. Why? Because REED EXPO decided to be a bunch of cheap assholes and combine New York Comic Con with New York Anime Festival. Yes really smart. Because some guy who’s into Spiderman is gonna go be best friends with the fat girl over there drooling over America & England buttsecksing. Despite multiple complaints that a lot of anime fans were harrassed by the retards from the comic side, NYAF just said “LOL stfu nobody cares about anime fans in NYC” and combined it again for 2011.
Combining of course creates an overcrowded building, and in my case, cuts the chance for non generic panels to appear at the con. They told me to reapply again for 2012? Lol surely you must be kidding! Maybe I’ll reapply when you stop combining NYAF and NYCC. Oh wait you don’t give a shit about NYAF anymore. It’s now some kind of parasite to you, attached to the New York Comic Con because you need to fill up a section of space since you rented out the whole building. God forbid you actually give a shit about anime fans!
Well that’s a shame since this was the only con I could get to without forking over travel & hotel money. Guess my anime con days ended in 2009 and it will continue to be that way. RIP NYAF 2007-2009.
Not sure what else to call it but since our blog’s been kinda dead this month I figured I’d post some random blurbs.
- Yumekui Merry & Infinite Stratos – No idea why I’m still watching these 2. In IS all the whores do is fight over 1 dick while the trap gets all the action and in Merry they’ve run out of plot ideas so they threw everyone on the beach and made Merry act completely out of character.
- Naruto (Manga) – Why don’t we all just fucking turn everyone into a 9 tailed fox. Wouldn’t that be lots of jolly fun! At this point, I just skim the chapter pages waiting for a character I give a crap to show up. I kinda stopped keeping track of all the “soon to be killed/wiped off the face of the manga” characters Kishimoto has thrown into the last 15 chapters.
- Anime Blogs are Dying! – Someone I don’t really know started bitching about how anime blogs are dying. They made these complicated charts about all these blogs that started in 2008 and are now dead. Nowhere is mine or JP’s blog(s) listed. That’s funny. We started in 2006 and despite the updates slowing down, we’re still alive and kicking! ヽ(^ω^ω^ω^ω^ω^)/ Besides I”m the one who chose to move my gaming blogging somewhere else. If I blogged all my otome game shit here you’d see updates every week.
- Wut – Why’s everyone going apeshit over Kyuubei? Freaking SHAFT fanboys （ಠ_ಠ). Like it’s the first anime ever with a cute mascot that turned out to be evil. I mean if they didn’t make him evil, the entire anime would just be a card captor sakura ripoff anyway ( ´_ゝ`).
- Starry Sky – So yea I was blogging this show but MY FAVORITE CHARACTER episode feels like a fucking yaoi fest. The freaking heroine didn’t EVEN SHOW UP IN THE EPISODE. It was just 3 dudes laughing and touching each other. :;:;:;:;ガ―｛´_｀゜|||｝─ン;:;:;:; Did Honeybee have a say in this or does DEEN fucking love making BL anime? Don’t really think I’ll be blogging the rest of it to be honest…
- Onizen is hilarious as usual. I laugh every week. It’s probably the only show I look forward to on the weekends. I’m still watching Zombie and I’m glad Ayumu sliced her cooter but sad she didn’t die. It’s like the one show you wish people would freaking die and stop coming back 20 times. Starts to give me unpleasant flashbacks.
- Dramas – I don’t know. As JP pointed out, they were all detective shit. Maybe we’ll have a better selection in the Spring & Summer?
That’s pretty much it. I’m playing otome games as usual but JP seems to finally found a download for Trizenon so maybe he’ll finally be able to post something about that show
Why the fuck do these stupid weeaboos at Kinokuniya feel the need to yell like fucking idiots every time they’re in the store? When I walk into Kinokuniya I go directly to what section I’m going to browse and I quietly browse. If I’m with a friend we both quietly browse and maybe say something once in a while without being 迷惑 to the Japanese customers there. But no these fucking idiots are screaming all the way in as they make their way up the fucking escalator to make it known that THEY FUCKING LOVE JAPAN PERIOD. There needs to be some kind of differentiation between anime fans and fucking idiot weaboo teenagers. I’m tired of people putting us all into the same category. Some Japanese guys walked by mumbling to themselves looking at me as I was browsing the anime magazine section looking for the January B’s Log (which I sadly couldn’t find.)
Also if you’re a weaboo in NYC reading this and you go into Kinokuniya and scream like a fucking idiot, SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU’RE IN A FUCKING BOOKSTORE.
…and now back to your regularly scheduled hiatus.
Aw c’mon, how can they not have gotten the permission to use the official names from “Yuueisha”? The actual references are one of the main ways that the manga describes the characters’ motivations and plans!